Monday 20 March 2017

"Book-A-Day" Artists' Book Project 2017



This is a personal project that I've begun as a way of firing the synapses and motivating the mojo, banishing the procrastination and freeing myself up from conventional mundanity. 

I've spoken/written a couple of times about my methodology and how it is so dramatically shaped by deeply restricted resources, and this project is another great way to explore that. So, there are some fundamental 'rules'.  
  • First, the aesthetics have got to be there in terms of quality.
  • Second, all analogue.  
  • Third, NO digital!  
  • Fourth, some processes necessarily take a little time, such as glue drying. There's no cheating on this if I want the work to last, so some books may take longer than a day to actually produce.  That means, probably several books on the go at one time.  The object is to get a book produced, photographed and online at least once a day - for as long as I can maintain...  If the project goes a week, I'll be chuffed!
  • Fifth, edition where possible. 

All of the books made under the aegis of the project will be available for sale on the site here, and you can follow my progress on INSTAGRAM  and TWITTER.








No comments:

Post a Comment