New track on the Bandcamp. An excellent remix by Rusty Sheriff of the most recent Caustic track.
The original track was made on my old Moto G6 using the long obsolete Caustic 3 synthesiser app. I love using this app. It's got an astonishing depth and detail to it and yet, it's amazingly easy to use on the most simplistic level. Caustic is akin to an audio form of Photoshop or an MORPG, in that as you use it and develop your familiarity with it, you are drawn deeper and explore and learn. I have learned more about music and music production... Don't get me wrong, clearly I am not Ed Kramer or Steven Wilson... I have no delusions about being actually good. But I have (ridiculously) high expectations of my self and my art, and I publish work that I feel I can be justifiably satisfied, even pleased with. Or, at least, I like to think so. I very rarely get any honest, truthful critical feedback, so it's hard to tell.
This track clearly shows the progression I have made since I started to make music of my own.
**Side Note: :> "Instant Artwork"
The artwork was produced by working directly into a scanning scanner with a lit torch and a sheet of handy printed ephemera.
It took a few goes to get the composition, then edit it (crop) for uploading. Total time for the entire process, maybe 30 minutes - including uploading it to Bandcamp.
* No Photoshop (or equivalent)
* No AI
As long as there is oxygen in my lungs, and music in my heart I will sing to the stars.
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment